Corsair Community

Twinx512 4000PT on MSI 865E NEO-2

Kyoshiro

i have problem booting with my Twinx512 4000PT overclocked at 500mhz. it can't boot at 500mhz but no problem at 466mhz. i'm using P4 3.0E. i tought it's alright with it clocked at 500mhz but it can't. btw, my latency is 3-4-4-8 Any1 can help me on it?

Welcome to the forums, Kyoshiro! The 3.0 GHz Intel CPU's have a fairly high multiplier on them which makes overclocking by increasing the FSB hard to do. While your memory does ([i]and has been tested[/i]) have the ability to run at 250MHz/DDR500, that does [b]not[/b] mean that your CPU can also run at that speed. Setting the frequency to 250 is a 1000FSB for that CPU and a heck of a big overclock. Try going up slowly, MHz by MHz until you reach a setting that is unstable, then back down until you regain stability. That will be your maximum overclock with your current setup. Other tricks include over-volting your CPU core, but I don't reccommend it. Another thing to do is make sure you have adequate cooling on your CPU. For overclocking that high, I'd buy a bigger/better heat sink and fan and toss out the stock one that comes with the CPU. PLUR CK

:bigeyes: P4 3.0E can't clock at 250mhz/DDR500? i went to the vender n asked for a test on my RAM. It was alright running at 250mhz/DDR500 with a P43.0C. using the same MSI 865E NEO-2 as i am. Thats weird :sigh!: might it be the BIOS of my m/b? It fails to boot n says that "Dram timing is too tightly so reload".

Archived