Corsair Community

New PSU

Jekt

just received my HX520W PSU today and i think it might be DOA. the light on the MB lights up and when i try and turn it on the fans on my case, and vid card, and some times the PSU spin but not my heatsink. i reset the power cables, removed and reset the ram and it continues to do that.

i put in an old PSU and everything just fired right up. Just want to know if i should RMA this and if so im getting annoyed at RMA'in parts in. all input appreciated.

Unlikely both PSUs go bad at the same time. Try testing the board on a non-conductive surface as it could be a grounding issue.

i guess ill tear apart the computer this weekened. if i cant get it running ill prolly have to RMA the MB.

ok i pulled the MB out and set it on my bed and powered it up. the fan on the CPU started spinning and it was beeping at me so thats good. now how do i figure out the grounding problem? wil felt behind the MB where sthe screws hold the MB down be good? is their anythign else i could do to troubleshoot/solve?n

thanks a bunch for having me check for the grounding you saved me a bunch!!

• Corsair Employee

Does it load into your desktop? If it is a grounding problem, then you want to check for these:

1. remove extra mounting stubs

2. use screws with smaller cap

3. make sure no loose wire or conductive part in the case

4. make sure the motherboard is bend. Sometimes over tighten screw could bend the board.

Archived