Corsair Community

HX620 and Crossfired 4870's

Dimmy

Hey people, it's the age old question: Will your HX620 PSU be able to support two HD 4870s in a crossfire?

Nothing is overclocked, or otherwise modified from stock.

I currently already have your HX620 installed in my machine, and I'd prefer not to have to purchase another power supply. Browsing some of the similar threads, RAMGUY has said that it would be able to support both cards in Crossfire (the PSU selector on your website has said the samething) although there was once instance of a thread where a higher wattage psu was suggested.

Also, as already mentioned in other threads, I'm missing two PCI-E connectors if this setup will run without issue.

I just want to make sure everything will work fine with my specific system.

Well, the answer will decide on what video card or cards I'll be purchasing. If I definitely need a larger power supply I won't get the 4870s I was planning on.

I may end up with two 4770s, or possibly even a 4870X2 (depending on price)

• Corsair Employees
In order to use this PSU with your setup, you would need 4pin molex to PCI-E adapters and they usually come with the video card. I would suggest you to go with a higher watt PSU; not that 620W won't work but you will be really stressing out this 620W.

Ah, thanks for the reply RAM GUY. I guess I'll be looking at my video card options again.

May as well ask a follow up question: Which video cards would be viable with my current PSU? Or barring that question as it is the Corsair forums, would two 4770s be well off?

Archived