Corsair Community

Asus P5QC and TW3X4G1333C9

Bavnbek

Hello.

As a part of my computer upgrade I purchased the XMS3 4GB ram (2 x 2gb sticks)

pack

The problem occurs when I install either 2GB block, the computer starts and runs fine for hours, but will inevitably restart without any Blue screen error code, it just shuts down and starts up, I can get into the bios when 2gbs are installed.

When both ram blocks are installed, it won't boot at all, the computer turns on and appears as it's working, but I get no picture on the screen. I can't get into the bios.

I have updated the bios to the latest version made by the manufacturer, it didn't fix the problem.

• Corsair Employees

Please load setup defaults in the BIOS and manually configure the following settings:

Memory Frequency: 1333MHz

Memory Voltage: 1.6-1.7v (exact voltage will be printed on memory label)

CAS Latency: 9

tRCD: 9

tRP: 9

tRAS: 24

Test each module in the same DIMM slot using http://www.memtest.org and let us know your results!

I tried that, it didn't change anything.

I have however, just found out the the store has shipped the wrong rams, the ones that I ordered on their web page were Corsair TW3X4G1333C9 2x2GB PC3-10666 (1330MHz), and not CM3X2G1333C9, I don't know weather there's a difference.

• Corsair Employees
The TW3X4G1333C9 kit of memory consists of 2x CM3X2G1333C9, so it sounds like you have the proper memory. Did both modules pass memtest, fail memtest or did you get one passing and one failing?

• 6 months later...

Archived