Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-8500C5D problems

tim_c_lawrence

Hi,

I have just built the following system, which, when assembled would boot into the OS, but now 1 day later refuses to boot into even BIOS when the 2nd stick of memory is added. - All fans run full speed, green light on MB but blank screen and no beeps. Either stick in any slot will cause this issue. However when the PC has been running for appx 5 mins on 1 stick, I can turn off, add the second stick and it will boot into the OS no problems! I have run memtest on the full 2Gb and had no issues.

I have updated BIOS, reset CMOS etc. Any Ideas?

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees

I would manually configure these settings in your BIOS:

Memory Frequency: 1066MHz

Memory Votlage: 2.1v

CAS Latency: 5

tRCD: 5

tRP: 5

tRAS: 15

Command Rate: 2t

Once these are set, test each module one at a time in the same DIMM slot using http://www.memtest.org. Let us know your results!

Hi,

Settings changed manually including setting all overclocking features from auto to disabled, but still seem to have a problem. One memory stick works perfectly, the other if fitted in the PC by itself will only allow the PC to boot maybe 6 out of 10 times. I have raised an RMA with the vendor, however as this seems to be an intermittent fault with one stick, I am not sure if I will be successful in swapping?

Archived