Corsair Community

P4C800-E Deluxe & Twinx1024-3200C2Pro...random crashes?

Squall-13

I am currently running: ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Intel P4C 2.4GHz Corsair Twinx1024-3200C2Pro Radeon 9800 Pro I am getting all kinds of random crashes. I am using stock BIOS and clocking since I've gotten this board. I had an ASUS P4P800 with 1GB of Kingston PC2700, never had a problems out of it for months. I then upgraded to the Corsair (at the end of February, I believe), but my P4P800 burnt out about month after I got this RAM. I then got a Gigabyte board, and started recieving lots of IRQ BSoD's for IRQ errors and the same crashes. I didn't like that board much and promptly returned it and got this P4C800. To aviod any unnecessary problems I haven't touched anything in the BIOS really yet. I've used MemTest86, with both sticks in and each seperately. Passed with flying colours, I've taken the RAM and my PC to PC hardware store, which I really hate letting others mess with my things but I didn't know what else to do, to be tested. They told me there was no problems. I've tried using one of my old graphics cards to see if that was the problem, still randomly crashes. I've tried using only one stick of RAM for my normal use, and at first it seemed like that solved it but then crashes again shattering my hopes of finally realizing my problem. I've been considering trying to go back to PC2700. I don't know what to do, this is driving me insane. Any help would greatly be appreciated. :confused: :mad:

I have an 800MHz FSB. Windows is still randomly restarting on me. Typically it only happens while doing minor things such as just looking at a web page, listening to some music, and even just while idelling sometimes. I've never had it restart on me while I'm playing a game. I tried manually setting the FSB at 200 and the Vdimms at 2.75. No luck, it seemed like it was working but it eventually restarted on it's own again. Right now I have everything hooked up to my alternate PSU. After having my RAM pass every test I can think of, I'm leaning more towards it being a different problem. Dying processor maybe? Even then this is some strange activity for it. Any suggestions about my RAM would still greatly be appreciated though.

• Corsair Employees
Please try and set the timings manually to the tested settings and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and Disable legacy USB support then please test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] And let's make sure one is not failing or weak!

• 2 weeks later...
At the time these problems first occured I was having no problems in memtest86, but I ran it again and it seems one of my sticks is bad. This became painfully obvious immediately. I'm going to just leave the one that seems to be good in and run memtest86 for an extended period of time to see if it remains stable through the whole thing.

I've been running with just a single stick of my RAM in since I found that one went bad. It ran fine in memtest86 for 6 hours or so. I've had a couple strange problems while playing since. In one game textures just didn't load on one map and in a different game it randomly crashed back to the desktop twice. These are two games that I've been playing for quite some time and haven't had a problem with until just last night when I discovered one stick was bad and the problems were brought out into the open. When these problems first started occuring I could pass memtest86 with flying colours it wasn't until later that I found out that my stick was dying. Could that be the same with this stick?

• 2 weeks later...
Before I fill out the RMA request again, when it asks for the part number do I put the the lot#? And also since I have a TWINX set in the quantity should I put 2 since there are two modules or one since it's a matched set? Just want to make sure I fill everything out correctly.

Archived