Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9DHX with Intel DX48BT2

janouelle

hello

I've got installed on my mobo the Corsair TW3X4G1600C9DHX 4GB (2x XMS3 2GB) PC-12800 (1600MHz) checked the bios to see the timing it was 7-7-7-20 and 1060 instead of 9-9-9-24 with 1600 my computer wasn't that stable i had random rare shut down but i never knew what was the problem until i decided to add another 4 GB of corsair ram same as the one above and since that time my PC shuts down every hour whenever i remove the 4 GB I've added the computer runs normal as soon i installed them again i have my PC restarting or freezing and with 8 GB checked the bios timing still the same as above ?????

I've already posted the following thread in general questions and thought that i might post it here and here's my problem

hello

I've got installed on my mobo the Corsair TW3X4G1600C9DHX 4GB (2x XMS3 2GB) PC-12800 (1600MHz) checked the bios to see the timing it was 7-7-7-20 and 1060 instead of 9-9-9-24 with 1600 my computer wasn't that stable i had random rare shut down but i never knew what was the problem until i decided to add another 4 GB of corsair ram same as the one above and since that time my PC shuts down every hour whenever i remove the 4 GB I've added the computer runs normal as soon i installed them again i have my PC restarting or freezing and with 8 GB checked the bios timing still the same as above ?????

all version 3.2

• Corsair Employees

With four modules installed on that board I would recommend that you manually configure the following settings in your BIOS:

First load setup defaults in the BIOS

Memory Frequency: 1333MHz

Memory Voltage: 1.8v

CAS Latency: 9

tRCD: 9

tRP: 9

tRAS: 24

Let us know if you still have problems!

hello

I've done why you asked to do and u might wanna have a look on the screen shots I've uploaded

i will test it for a while to check for any shutdown and will let you know what's happening

just a question, in the first picture it show memory speed and memory speed override with 1066 and 1333 why is that?

1.thumb.jpg.3aa7b1a10b5fa892413a0033478c9282.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.27d07c4c298453f2ef60362f9a91e885.jpg

• Corsair Employees
I would suspect that the "System Memory Speed" is telling you what the current memory speed is, while the "System Memory Speed Override" is telling you what the memory frequency will be set to once you save and exit the BIOS.

Yo ramguy ur a champion man

for 3 days no shutdowns was recorded indeed the system was running very stable and loading application more quicker

thank you so much for that i really appreciate ur help mate

and about the memory frequency it still showing both of them

it doesn't bother me at all unless u think it's a problem

and thanks again for the help :)

• 1 month later...

hello

im sure my problem comes from rams im using the following 8 gb of ram "TW3X2G1600C9DHX" same version b4 i was only using 4 gb of ram with auto settings witch is 7-7-7-18 , 1066 and it was supposed to be 9-9-9-24 and 1600

but never had a problem after i upgraded to 8 gb pc wont boot changed latency manually to 9-9-9-24 and 1333 plus the voltage 1.8 first few weeks no problem then i start having random freezing and twice a bule screen bccode was "1a" description " memory_mangement and i've noticed whenever i try to open more then 2 or 3 application pc freeze and i have to manually restart it

???? 10x in advance

first i thought i had to open a new thread as the old thread has been closed and while i was looking in forums rules page i saw on the top left page " newthread" dats where i thought i can start a new thread coz i looked b4 but couldn't find where to start a new thread

• 4 weeks later...

i've contacted corsair technical support and told them about my problem and they asked me to send the parts after runing memtest and got errors on the 8G and now they replaced all the rams for me my question is should i reconfigure the timings again

many 10x

Archived