Corsair Community

HX520W clicking during Overclock

png666

Hi,

When I overclock my comp and it fails I get a clicking fom the pwr supply and no boot.

This continues untill I remove the power lead and upon pluging the power lead back in and powering up the comp the clicking gets slower and slower till it stops and they system boots. At this point I am in OC failure mode and the system is operating at default speed.

Its not the fan and I have very little attched to the power supply as system is in bits due to this problem.

Any ideas?

Update

I still get the clicking even when not OC a lot(ish) at boot and 1 or 2 per sec when in windows. If I use the comp it slows down and if I watch a mpg2 it stops.

Thanx

Paul

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Yes put in in a 478 system & still clicked.

Am now building a 2500k system and it clicks all the the time. It seems to vary with wrk load /voltage in the more wrk load (so more V) the less clicking there is.

I now need to stop this as with new system it clicks all the time.

C1E off makes no odds.

Cannot find EIST

Also have no prob with a 4x0VX power supply.

Sys specs r not rel as it makes this noise in any system.

Thanx

OK found EIST turned it off & made no difference.

What next, but plz could u not ask my to play with my bios I had to hassel my board maker for the EIST details & I have better things to hassle them about as the vid, snd & prb OC don't work on the board. And as this power supply clicks in every computer I plug it into is it just not broken?

Thanx

What next, but plz could u not ask my to play with my bios I had to hassel my board maker for the EIST details & I have better things to hassle them about as the vid, snd & prb OC don't work on the board.

BIOS settings are all covered in the manual for your MB. You can download a copy from ASRocks site if you need to instead of bugging your reseller.

If you are saying that your sound ,video and the auto OC don't work i would get the MB replaced first and see if it does not clear up the problem.

BIOS settings are all covered in the manual for your MB. You can download a copy from ASRocks site if you need to instead of bugging your reseller.

If you are saying that your sound ,video and the auto OC don't work i would get the MB replaced first and see if it does not clear up the problem.

Will replacing the MB make the raid setup screen display at a refresh rate that my HDTV can display? Will it fix the fact that I use the asrock snd drivers the option to play 88.2KHZ is gone? & who said anything about auto OC.

Besides which what does messing around with BIOS options have to do with anything it should not click no matter what eist options u have.

Will replacing the MB make the raid setup screen display at a refresh rate that my HDTV can display? Will it fix the fact that I use the asrock snd drivers the option to play 88.2KHZ is gone? & who said anything about auto OC.

Sorry, i dont understand what any of that has to do with RAM. It sounds to me you are extremely unhappy with your MB and it has problems. If those issues are supposed to be a specific function of the MB , then probably yes, RMA the MB would fix those issues. .

I have better things to hassle them about as the vid, snd & prb OC don't work on the board.

You stated here that the OC don't workas well as sound and video. Another reason why i suggested to RMA the MB.

Besides which what does messing around with BIOS options have to do with anything it should not click no matter what eist options u have.

I agree , to a point. A PSU should not click. However all PSU are made to conform to a certain ATX spec the the MB manufacturers need to conform to as well. But, certain MB with certain "power saving " options often clash. This is why it was suggested to diasble that setting. It has to do with the way the MB and PSU handle that power feature. Disabling it often fixes the issue.

Besides which what does messing around with BIOS options have to do with anything

Anytime you are trouble shooting ANY component , you have to be prepared to get into the BIOS. That is where all your hardware is set up one way or another. That is why i suggested you download the manual for your MB and get familiar with your BIOS. That way you wouldn't be in the dark and understood why certain suggestions are made

Nothing was intended to make you mad.

Hi,

Sorry not messing around with quoting

RAM? Sorry but what has RAM got to do with anything? This is a power supply forum.

No rma MB wld not fix anything Vid prob aflicts all MB of this type as far as I can c.

Snd is due to usless drivers.

OC prob is not auto OC but the OC protection thing don't seem much cop this also seems to be a common fault with Asrock boards.

As stated power supply clicks in 3 pcs no other of my power supplies do this including another corsair. So there is no need to play with the BIOS anymore.

Have been into loads of BIOS thanx + I have the paper manual & the DL version & no ref to eist is in them. So after half an hour of looking thought I would ask.

Cool but as it has been decided that if it clicks in 3 pcs its broken & have moved to rma surgesting rma the motherboard along with dling a man that is no help ur post seemed rather needless.

Sorry but as u seem to think u r in a ram forum any chance of u deleting ur posts from my power supply thread as I just wish to bring this to a swift conclusion one way or the other.

Thanx

Sorry but as u seem to think u r in a ram forum any chance of u deleting ur posts from my power supply thread

I'm in the right forum...just a typo. Too many other threads rolling around in my head. Sorry about that. I deleted the one sentence...the rest i'll leave because it is relevant and wont have baring on your RMA one way or the other.

Cheers!

@Toasted why do I need to post RMA # here thanx

Posting your RMA number is useful because if you don't get a reply with 2-3 days. post back on this thread and RAM GUY will email the tech support guys to look on to it.

I agree, there is no need to have everyone post their numbers. If they have problems let RG make that call.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived