Corsair Community

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR compatible memory?

Stormar

hi,thanks for your replys,i mainly use my pc for gaming and i am confused what the letters mean are these what u on about.

Twin2X4096-8500C5D

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

or could you recommend what i need so i can order it :biggrin:

many thanks

They're all listed on the Corsair website.

TWIN2X4096 = DDR2, 4 GB (2 x 2GB sticks)

8500 = speed

The rest is up to you, depending on what you want.

C7 = 7-7-7-20 timings

C5 = 5-5-5-15

D = Dominator series (better heat spreader)

F = Fan kit

Any of the TWIN2X4096-8500 series would work fine. Up to you which one you want. I'd imagine TWIN2X4096-8500C5D is the most common one.

Hi well i have put in the new ram had no problems and pc is running ok,windows detected it and its showing 4gb in system i did a system windows score and i,m a little bit puzzeled i had a score of 5.5 which was my lowest score being my ram with 2gb i now have 4 gb and supposely faster ram my score has gone down to 5.2:(: not happy so going to senfd the ram back as i was better off with my old stuff.

many thanks

Hi no as far as i could see it has auto detected the settings itself the timings look what they should be and also the voltage was showing 2.2 which i think is right for this because my other ram was at 2.1 so i guess its done it on its own...i have just done ntune and let it optimise the bois settings and my windows score now has gone up to 5.9 for all my hardware so i,m alot happier now :)the only thing now is having read the timmings in other posts and voltage mine has set itself at 2.2v and the timmings are 5-5-5-18 2T is this right.

many thanks for your help

hi i have just looked in bios and wrote down some of the settings this is what they are.

TCL(CAS latency) auto 5

TRCD auto 5

TRP auto 5

TRAS auto 18

command per clock auto 2T

TRRD auto 3

TRC auto 23

TWR auto 5

TWTR auto 9

TREF 7.8US

FSB-CQDR,MHZ 1066.7

MEM CDDR MHZ 800.0

Sorry i,m not clued up on this sort of thing so just posted it all..

many thanks again

• Corsair Employees
Set your Memory frequency to 1066MHz and the memory voltage to 2.1v. The Vista Performance Index is not an accurate memory benchmark. If you are looking for accurate results to compare two different types of memory I would use SiSoft Sandra or Lavalys Everest, both are available as a free trial on http://www.download.com.

Hi no i didn,t try 1 at a time nor did i do the other two slots i have i can,t see what differance that would make maybe you could tell me..:sigh!:it runs fine on the settings i posted but as soon as i changed this MEM CDDR MHZ 800.0 and set it 2 1066 and dropped the volts to 2.1 i could only get as far as my desktop then screen would lockup on me tried it a few times and it did it everytime,when i changed the mhz to 1066 it showed it as 1066.7 is that right also?

many thanks

Archived