Corsair Community

problem installing h50

maka12

can someone help me please, I bought a h50 cooler a few days ago, the problem is i cannot get a bracket any where for my am3 , i tried seller in uk where i bought it from they dont no where to get one from, i emailed corsair and i dont think they have any. has anyone actual got one or know where i can get one from in the usa or u.k i will try contact corsair again on monday.

thanks in advance..

Im also from uk and having problems getting a mount for my amd (am2+) motherboard.

I have made a thread here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79554

and also tried 3 times in the space of a week to contact technical support through email, with no reply.

It looks like thay dont want our business, if its not sorted by monday night ill be returning mine. i expect you should too, at least until corsair starts sdoing the things they advertise. by the way check the countersunk screws on the copper base, they are supposed to be flat. if they poke up out of the copper then its a faulty unit anyway.

thanks for reply, i emailed them and they didnt know nothing about the bracket, i dont know whats going on , its suppose to be amd compatible,

i think theres been a error by them thats why they are playing dumb i wish i had bought the coolit domino system now. i dont think they have any brackets, will wait till wednesday then get refund. Corsair are a joke over this, i have always bought everything corsair , not anymore........

The Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 comes with the copper CPU cooling plate and pump unit, 120mm radiator and fan, and mounting brackets for both Intel LGA775 and Intel LGA1366 socket motherboards. Brackets for AMD socket AM2 and AM3 motherboards are available for a shipping and handling charge by contacting Corsair Technical Support.

this has been published over and over, its a holiday weekend here in the US so maybe you are jumping the gun a bit?

also if you have an AM3 you should have known the bracket didnt come with it and plan your install accordingly allowing time to order one.

/.02

Also, as per RG's response in the linked thread:

We should have an automated system in place for this type of thing by next week

So let's wait until tomorrow to see what the status of that is. Synthohol's correct. The Corsair website clearly says that the AMD brackets don't come with it. I'd assume the packaging of the H50 says as much.

While yes, seeing that on the website I'd assume they'd have the adapters ready to ship as soon as that message went on the website, maybe not. Maybe they're still being shipped in from the manufacturing plant, who knows. Let's wait and see. BTW, don't forget the 8 hour time difference between the UK and PST. They're open 4(:30) PM to 1(:30) AM your time.

it really is a matter of numbers. currently Intel has 3X the marketshare over AMD. with that in mind would you as a manufacturer go ahead an fabricate an even number of adapters for AMDs as well? you would lose your shirt especially when the percentage of watercooling community members are a mere fraction of the raw market in both arenas.

lets face it, watercooling in todays market and lack of inspiration/cashflow would make any CEO of W/C products to hit the brakes a bit at first to see the demand for adapters before stamping out product that may just sit on a shelf. not to mention that AMD can have a new form-factor come out right around the fiscal corner.

perhaps i just have more patience than alot of folks?

i waited 2 months for my FuZion block for my bloodiron board and my socket was not brand new.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5735&d=1246884906

amdvsintel.JPG.74f8d1216c805cdcda4dc9f2eab1f97e.JPG

Archived