Corsair Community

OC setting for TR3X6G1600C8D G

Hi guys,

I just get a set of 3 2gb Dominator DDR312800 and really confused about the timing setting for them, so I need your help! :sigh!:

By the way, my BIOS detect that they are all run at 1333 even though every single other software find it at 1600:[pouts:. May anyone explain that for me?

Thank u so much.

your cpu is only 1333 FSB, ram cant run faster than the cpu and as far as timings they are written on the sticks themselves.

I have overclocked both CPU and RAM at 1600 and everything is stable. But what makes me confused the most is that my nf 790i ultra SLI is advertised to support RAM with bus up to 2000 while it just supports intel socket 775 CPU, which means the max FSB of CPU is only 1333. :confused:

The software is reading the SPD, not the actual speed from the BIOS. Note that TR3X6G1600C8D is meant for a triple channel system. Best performance for you would be to only use 2 sticks.

I have taken out 1 stick and it really helps... thank you a lot :D:

I am considering to get 1 more stick so that I can run 2 memory channels. Would it help and does corsair retail 1 single stick?

Thanks

Best to stick with just 2 sticks. Don't think Corsair sells that memory per stick. Besides, they couldn't guarantee compatibility with what you already have without testing / selling it that way.

Best to stick with just 2 sticks. Don't think Corsair sells that memory per stick. Besides, they couldn't guarantee compatibility with what you already have without testing / selling it that way.

then why does corsair produce 3-stick package like that... Does it good for a specific platform like core i7. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

i have the probleme with my DDR3 1866.

GO to the BIOS screen, and there is an option for the memory that is on auto, put it on XMP.

the 1333 you see is the auto option for I7, find the XMP and your DDR3 will work fine

on my ASUS P6t delux v2, menu AI tweaker,

line AI Overclock tuner, choose there XMP, not auto

it's what i done to my DDR3^^

Archived