Corsair Community

issue

Kite

There is a common situation for me, but i have only one kit TWIN2X4096-8500C5D and P5Q Deluxe asus motherboard. Recently i bought TWIN2X2048-8500C5D and after approximately year of normal use i got a lot of permanent errors at one of the modules, returned them with moneback. So i decided to buy TWIN2X4096-8500C5D as the replacement and after two months of normal use, i got strange errors with that memory, only when its operating in dualchannel mode, when memory mostly stays in idle mode for a long time(or not to long) it starts to make errors, see BSODs and reboots in OS, and see errors in memtest. But the most surprising, that errors disappear after power off the system, i thought that it is a temperature problem, but it`s not, the problem persists with powerful external whole system cooling.

Don`t know what to do, maybe some bios settings could help, now and always all parameters are set to [auto]. Once again I will notice, its all happend, only if memory operates in dualchannel mode, in singlechannel - everything is normal, except "memory speed"

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

• 4 weeks later...
After all possible experiments with BIOS settings, i have completely disabled C1 processor feature in BIOS and, apparently, it has helped, it's about two weeks the system works without errors.

Archived