Corsair Community

Intel DG33TL with TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX problems

CromWP

Greetings all,

I have an Intel DG33TL motherboard, that had only 2GB of ram on. So I bought two (2x) packs of Corsair memory, namely the TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX G packs.

when I installed the memory, I put all modules in the ram slots, and when I boot up the system, there is no video, nothing goes on, no sound, no beeps nothing.

If I remove two DDR bars, and boot with only 4GB of ram instead of 8GB, then I do get display, the system boots up and I get in Windows Vista no problems.

I tried removing all memory modules, and then swapping the memory mods and it boots up fine, and memtest on the memory was susccesful (memory ok).

Since the board support 8 GB of RAM, I sure would like to unlock it to use it, or at least be able to use my 8GB I now have...

Any idea, suggestion, would be more than appreciated.

Thank you, and if more information is needed, please post so, I will try to provide it as soon as it's possible.

Regards,

Frank

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

• 3 weeks later...
Yay! that solved it..! great thank you very much. :) I now have 8GB of ram! :) and working well :)

Thank you again

Frank

How did you get to change the voltage on the intel dg33tl? I cant figure out how to change it.

In the BIOS menu, where you get the memory info, that is where you can switch it from automatic to manual, and there and then you can specify clock speed, voltage and all.

I will check it when I get back home tonight, and will re-post the specific way to get there. hang tight :)

Frank

• 3 months later...
In the BIOS menu, where you get the memory info, that is where you can switch it from automatic to manual, and there and then you can specify clock speed, voltage and all.

I am having the same problem on the same Mobo. However your comments about switching the clock speed and voltage are not accurate as it pertains to the Intel DG33TL Mobo.

The latest bios (IIRC June 2009) nor any prior bios provided the option to change the voltage even when in the manual settings.

Only thing available to change while in manual settings are are the "4" timings.

Anyway my Quad 6700 PC continually reboots with the full 8gb of Corsair ram installed - CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18

Runs OK with 2x2gb sticks.

Questions:

1 Any chance I can get the ram swapped with another model that is more compatible?

OR

2: Could you suggest a manual timing modification that would make the ram suitable for this mobo.

Thanx

Archived