Corsair Community

Upgrading With A 520HX..... Problems

Oblivious

So i have a Dell Studio XPS 435mt and i recently upgraded my gpu and i'm wanting to oc it and add a few things to the system. The stock 360 psu isn't enough for all this so i bought the 520hx. I've read all over the dell community that people are upgrading their systems (same as mine) with Antec Earthwatt 500 and 650's but i wants a modular psu and Corsair's reputation in my eyes is better than Antecs. I get my psu and take my stocker out. Hook everything up making sure they are all good snug connections. Light on the mobo comes on. Flip the switch and hit the power button.... nothing. Recheck my connections and try again... nothing. So i'm thinking it's DOA. So i send it back to zipzoomfly for a RMA and get a replacement. Another brand new unit. Install this one and still.... nothing. I done the just test and the fan is spinning up but for some reason my system won't turn on. I contacted Dell and they wouldn't help me any since its not their product.... So now i'm asking the Corsair family... got any answers?

The 8-pin you used is the 4+4 right? Is there a missing pin on the ATX24pin on your old Dell PSU?

The 8-pin is 4 pins ontop of 4pins.... and yes theres a missing pin on the stock psu plug....

My stocker plug is missing the blu -12v pin. Think this might be my problem?

• Corsair Employees
It is very possible that your system uses a proprietary PSU. Does it tell you the ATX revision on the stocker? Corsair PSUs are ATX v2.2 and backward compatible to ATX v2.01. If your stocker has -5v pin on ATX20/24, then it is most likely older than ATX v2.01.

It is very possible that your system uses a proprietary PSU. Does it tell you the ATX revision on the stocker? Corsair PSUs are ATX v2.2 and backward compatible to ATX v2.01. If your stocker has -5v pin on ATX20/24, then it is most likely older than ATX v2.01.

The psu's for the new studio xps's are all standard atx. The 24-pin connectors on my stocker and the 520hx are the same except for the stock plug missing the blu -12v pin.

• Corsair Employees
You might want to check with Dell if this system would work with any ATX stadnard PSUs. If the stocker is ATX standard, then it would say samething like "ATX v2.xx" on the PSU label as well.

Archived