Corsair Community

PSU Upgrade question

Devdog

Are Corsair psus compatible with my Dell XPS420?

After trying to research the issue I wasn't given a straight answer by Dell, and have gotten differing opinions from people in another forum.

I believe the xps420 is supposed to be a btx form factor, although I can't find anything that says this in the documentation, a few reviews of the computer said something to that effect online. Would that form factor effect what psus i'm able to use?

I need a more powerful psu in order to have the required power to support more powerful graphics cards that I'm looking to buy. I would love to have a namebrand psu such as corsair in my computer.

Can't access their support page ATM, so there's no way to be sure. Gotta know how proprietary the case is (to see if it would fit) and check if the motherboard has standard ATX power connections or proprietary ones.

I believe the MB has the standard ATX power connection since the psu is connected to it via the 24 pin main power connector.

I'm trying to measure the psu's dimensions, but i have nothing to compare the size to.

Archived