Corsair Community

Power Supply Screws for HX850

Burner27

I received my HX850 and I love it!!! I decided to get a new case for it and so I removed it from the case it was in but in doing so I lost one of the screws.

My concern is, are the screws 'specially designed' as to their length so as to not hit any components on the inside of the PSU? The screws that I have in my collection, the one that I have that comes the closest to the ones provided by Corsair are 1 thread longer. From what I have seen from the review of this PSU, when shown the inside of the PSU, it doesn't look like this extra length would affect any holes except for the one right near where the power cord goes in. Now I know I could just use the screw in another hole but I was wondering if I can order some more of these screws?

RAMGUY-

I replaced the screw with one I had in my collection and it screwed in fine. But I noticed that some 'metal shards' had come off the screw. Is there any risk that these shards may have gotten on the inside of the PSU? Not sure if there is any risk these shards would cause a short. My PSU is mounted with the fan facing down which means the PCB in the PSU is above that.

Just a little paranoia, that's all......

Archived