Corsair Community

problems with my corsair flash voyager 8gb (can`t read-write anything)

jesus palacios

I have a serious problem with my flash voyager, everytime when I try to plug into my computer, the memory was recognized, but cannot write anything, I checked the properties of this memory and says that have 0 MB used/0 MB remaining space in the disc, and cannot let me format the memory, sometimes says that have 3.76 GB (It`s a 8 GB memory), but changes to the 0 MB state, please I need help, one more thing, I brought the memory and live in mexico

• 1 month later...
I have 2- Flash Voyagar 8gb both of them says that there is four gb of used space with no files on it. I formatted it with the same results. No change 4gb used space yet free space says 8,070803456 bytes free 7.51. I have a file that is 4.7gb of data and can not copy it to either one. Is there any thing I can do to clear this phantom used space on these flash drives?

• Corsair Employees
If they are formatted in Fat32 that is why you cannot copy the file, there is a file size limitation in Fat file system about 2.0 Gig max. If you reformat this to NTFS then you should be able to copy that file, but it will only be seen in Win2K or XP or newer Microsoft O.S.

Archived