Corsair Community

HX1000 Fan Stopped!

Goldendog

The fan has quit working on my HX1000... Though the power supply still turns on and the system boots up.

I have a desktop fan blowing into the computer case (and up through the power supply) as a short term solution. I thought I read that I'm not allowed to replace the fan myself without voiding warrenty. So do I RMA this or is there some trick to try and get the fan spinning again?

Thanks!

Don't damage it on purpose.

Sorry for making you edit my post Wired.

I thought I was supposed to post system specs to help out.

Guess I didn't read the rules page as well as I should have.

I thought it was ok since there's a spec sheet.

Won't happen again. I'll give the power supply a rest until I can get an official answer. Thanks for letting me know they'll probably RMA it. I was trying to figure out where to buy a case fan that size, but I don't want to touch it unless I have to.

Don't damage it on purpose.

That's what i was trying to imply in my own unpleasant way - warranty doesn't cover user damage.

Although, in this case, since the fan was already malfunctioning to begin with, perhaps a fried PSU can be rightfully blamed on that. Wired, what do you think?

since the fan was already malfunctioning to begin with, perhaps a fried PSU can be rightfully blamed on that.

That's what shocks me the most. I immediately googled 'HX1000 Fan Stopped Working' and am apparently one of very few that has a working PSU and a non functional cooling fan.

Though I did build my own case out of wood and scrap ATX mounts with a decade of after market cooling experience. I'd like to think my design has something to do with why it still ran without a fan :D:

I'll attribute the other portion of success to the robustness of the unit.

Archived