Corsair Community

why not PC8500

John_In_Pville

My question is when I looked at your memory configurator you recommended every type but PC8500. Since there is not much difference in price between the PC4200, PC6400 and PC8500 ram I was going to buy the the PC8500 4 gig (2-2 gig sticks) that my local dealer has on sale. My motherboard is supposed to support up to 4 gigs of PC8500 ram. Is this just an over sight with your memory configurator or do you not recommend the PC8500 ram for this motherboard?

Also, I'm not looking to overclock them, I just want fast reliable ram. I've read somewhere that it is better to run 2- 2 GB sticks than 4 - 1 GB sticks... Doesn't matter, it is hard to find the 1 GB sticks and cost wise it is a wash. Like I said, I just want fast, reliable ram.

Thanks,

John

As I do more looking around it seems that alot users feel that the PC-6400 is very close to the speed and may be faster due to the lower latency of the ram. So now I am a bit confused... PC6400 or PC8500... 4 one gig sticks or 2 tow gig sticks... Like I said, I just want fast, reliable ram that will run my game better.

Archived