Corsair Community

Problem with Corsair 450 HX

bloodem

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I have a problem... I think... with my new Corsair HX450 power supply. These are the results from OCCT 12V power:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4024/2009062720h11volt12.png

Should I worry? Is my PSU a faulty one? Please note that I also checked the voltages with a multimeter and the results are the same... HUGE voltage variation on the 12V rail.

hi

well i couldnt afford to take that chance because after 28days i would have had to rma to corsair if something went wrong which would hav caused me a lot more hassle and probably money. i paid £65 for psu so i expect it to stay within its parameters not borderline.

not a dig at corsair as i still want same psu.

cheers

if you check my thread youll see under load my +12v was 12.613

hi

as op stated he used multimeter i take it you were talking to me.

my +12v was 12.566 @idle in bios and 12.613 @full load.

when i checked with multimeter 12v was 12.60 @idle i didnt check with full load

all the details are on the thread i opened last week.

@wired

i had already stated on this thread i used a multimeter so its not my fault if people arent reading the posts correctly.

if he had read the thread and my post he wouldnt have asked the question and there would have been no confusion and you wouldnt be getting this reply.

not getting at you ram guy

This is why it's not recommended to mix issues within threads, causes confusion...

or mix 2 threads? the OP was bloodem and another issue by pissartist.

i got confused because the pic shows very active CPU usage during the capture but later pissartist said his readings were at idle.

very confusing unless you check the screen names.

from what i can see in the pic from the OP, half a volt is not cause for alarm, especially on the 12v rail. now if the 3.3v drooped half a volt it can cause all sorts of issues. thats the rail i'd be concerned with way more than the 12v.

/.02

• 2 weeks later...

RAM GUY, thanks for trying to help but I already went to my supplier and had it replaced. The new one is working LIKE A CHARM. Here's a pic: (please note that even though the sensors say it's idling at about 12.4 V, the multimeter has a differend opinion: Idle 12.28V / Load 12.09 - 12.15 which in my opinion rocks. God I love the Corsair PSUs... especially those made by Seasonic :D:

Cheers!

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6844/2009071108h51volt12png.jpg

Archived