Corsair Community

TWIN2X1024-5400C4 warranty questions

My faulty RAM send to the dealer and they helped me to send to CA for RMA and also they required service charge. Now they say i can collect the RAM, after 2 months already. They told it is the exact model of this RAM which i will collect.

I wanna ask that whether I'm able to check what type of RAM that Corsair returned to the dealer for RMA.

I'm afraid that dealer took the returned RAM (from Corsair) which is maybe better and give the left over stock of old RAM for me. And they might take the returned RAM (from Corsair) to sell.

Meaning I'm taking the old stock from the dealer instead of from Corsair for the warranty claim.

These are the details.

Address of the Dealer:-

Lot 4.12 & 4.12a, Fourth Floor 
Low Yat Plaza, Off Jln Bukit Bintang
 55100 W.P Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Service Number:-

LW4-6495

Date Sent:-

28th April 2009

If you require any more details like case number, do tell me so i can contact the dealer for the info.

Thanks

Sorry i couldn't get the RMA number. This is the story.

I send this RAM to the dealer. Dealer is then send to distributor to deal with CORSAIR. What the distributor received are the bunch of warranty items and send all back to the dealer.

What i heard from the distributor is they received TWIN2X2048-6400C5 and send back to the dealer so that i can collect from the dealer. BUT the dealer told me that it is TWIN2X1024-5400C4 which i believe CORSAIR no longer have this product.

So what i need is the details that the received product is TWIN2X2048-6400C5.

Can you help me to check the case?

Date: 28th April 2009

Item: TWIN2X1024-5400C4

Owner Name: Wong Soon Ming

(Distributor)

CUDO TECHNOLOGIES

(M) SDN BHD

Suite 6.21-6.22, Level 6

Imbi Plaza, 28 Jalan Imbi

55100 Kuala Lumpur,

Malaysia.

E-mail: sales@cudo.com.my

(Dealer)

C-Zone SDN BHD

Lot 4.12 & 4.12a,

Fourth Floor Low Yat Plaza,

Off Jln Bukit Bintang,

55100 W.P Kuala Lumpur,

Malaysia.

Email: admin@compu-zone.com

accounts@compu-zone.com

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but I am not clear on what it is you are asking for but the data sheet for TWIN2X2048-6400C5 can be found in the link in my signature. And if you want more details about the RMA with the reseller you would need to talk to the reseller.

The reseller help me claim the warranty through CORSAIR. When the item is claimed, I need to collect the item from the reseller. The item claimed is TWIN2x2048-6400C4. But the reseller take their own old stock which is Twin2x1024and give it to me instead of Twin2x2048. I need the details so i can claim Twin2x2048.

Can you help me to check the RMA details?

If i not mistaken this is the RAM serial number.

720839-720840.

Ok, so you gave your reseller Twin2x1024-5400c4 to RMA through his distributor. You later talked with this distributor, and you believe that the replacement item for your Twin2x1024-5400c4 was TWIN2x2048-6400C5?

Is this correct so far?

Then, your reseller told you that you would be getting Twin2x1024-5400c4 back from the RMA correct? In otherwords, the same part # (but different physical sticks)?

Correct?

So assuming all this is correct, you're attempting to get confirmation that TWIN2x2048-6400C5 is the RMA replacement for Twin2x1024-5400c4, because you do not believe Twin2x1024-5400c4 are available anymore?

Ok, so the question that should be asked is:

If someone RMAs Twin2x1024-5400c4, would they get that back in return?

NOTE: Even if Corsair was completely out of them doesn't mean a distributor wouldn't.

No. It takes 2 months for RMA and it require service charge for shipping to CORSAIR. If the replacement item is from the distributor, then they shouldn't charge me for service charge and it won't take 2 months to claim back.

Distributor received Twin2x2048-6400C5. That item suppose to give back to me through reseller. Reseller find its own leftover Twin2x1024-5400C4 and said this is the replacement, while the reseller took the Twin2x2048-6400C5 and sell it.

Isn't it a violation?

I just need the details that CORSAIR send back the replacement item was Twin2x2048-6400C5.

I was asking whether with my details you are able to get the details or not.

If not, i guess i try to find out the RMA number so you can check easier.

Apparently he contacted the distributor, and they told him they were replacing TWIN2X1024-5400C4 with TWIN2X2048-6400C5. Unknown if / how Corsair was involved in distributor RMAs.

The reseller told him that TWIN2X1024-5400C4 was being replaced with the same part #.

In otherwords, he wants to know if Corsair was involved with this RMA at all. Also, he wants to know if the reseller wanting to replace like with like (assuming it's from their own supply) instead of what the distributor sent the reseller to replace it with is against any rules.

• Corsair Employees
I see, well I do not know how we can find out to be honest, we have little to do with the RMA process and almost nothing to do with reseller RMA's. I would suggest that the reseller be his key point of contact sorry!

It's ok if you couldn't search the info of my RMA with such details i gave.

The distributor is definitely dealing with CORSAIR.

If it is not, I don't have to pay anything for RMA.

I need to pay approx 10USD for shipping my RAM to CORSAIR.

I try to solve through the distributor and reseller first.

If I have the RMA number i will post it again.

Thanks.

Archived