Corsair Community

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Ram slot settings for 3 sticks

MaverickSY19

Hello,

I just bought some new hardware a Core i7 975 and Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard with 6GB of Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D. I put the whole thing together very carefully as I always do using ESD mat and wrist strap. Got it all hooked up and powered on for the first time and got no display. Looking in the case everything was powering on it seemed but no display. I had orginally put the 3 sticks in the black slots because going left to right on the board its black orange black orange black orange. Which in every Asus board I have owned of dual channel the first one from left to right has always been channel A1 - B1 - A2 - B2.

On this board looking at the manual its actually a bit off

A2 - A1 - B2 - B1 - C2 - C1

So I moved the RAM to the orange slots and it boots up and works fine now. My question is in other dual channel boards I have owned it didn't matter if you only had one set you could put them in either channel with no issue, is this board different or is it possible I have a dead memory slot? I didn't go though the hassel yet of moving 1 stick from slot to slot to see what will happen, I thought I would ask here before doing that, as I find its always better to not mess stuff in your case unless you have to, more chance you fry something.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Archived