Corsair Community

HX620W buzzes when graphics card fan speed increase

melbourne47

It's been two weeks since i brought my system... and haven't noticed anything wrong... until i tried adjusting the fan speed of my Palit GTX 260... i upped it to 70 % fan speed and i hear this buzzing noise... at first i thougth it was from the garphics card but then when i put my ear closer to the psu, the noise gets louder and so i concluded that the noise was coming from the psu... i've been searching around and so far no one encountered this problem yet... i hope you guys could help me... i hope this doesn't need RMA>.. Thanks

• Corsair Employees
The buzzing noise is not normal on our PSUs. Here are the possible causes: connected to an emulated sine wave UPS, bad power feedback from the video card, and of course a faulty PSU. If the system is current hooked up to a UPS, then please try connecting directly to the wall outlet. Is it possible to test the system with a different video card?

It's currently connected to an AVR... i will be buying a new AVR soon to test it out if there's any difference... I kinda don't trust the quality of my current AVR... and i have observed something else.... it buzzes only when graphics card fan speed is set to 60-65... but any higher or lower, i don't hear any buzzing anymore... strange... Thanks for the reply though... i currently don't have another vid card and so i can't really test it...

• Corsair Employees
it buzzes only when graphics card fan speed is set to 60-65... but any higher or lower, i don't hear any buzzing anymore...

I am convinced that the video card is giving bad power feedback. Is the fan replaceable?

ok just heard some buzzing.... but only for just a few seconds... then its gone... then after a while.. an hour or a couple of hours or so... buzzing again for a few seconds.... i would also just like to ask, what causes bad power feedback from the graphics card?

Archived