Corsair Community

Longevity issues

Lordzorak

As a brief history, we bought a Voyager GT flash drive. It went bad and we did the RMA and got a replacement, which under a year also went bad, and again, did a RMA and got a replacement.

The replacement was not a GT since they discontinued that line, but it has not been more than 4 months, and the replacement is again defective. This times, it seems to be a physical issue as if you hold the drive just right, the computer can see it, otherwise, it does not. The previous two times, the issue seemed to be internal.

Has anyone else been having similiar issues? Three thumb drives in less than 2 years? The warranty period is 10 years.

The current thumb drive is a CMFUSB2.0-32GB. You can definitely feel some give at the tip that is not supposed to be there. I will be putting in for a RMA, but wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problems or is it just us.

The drive is not used on a daily basis but is used to store a large amount of data when an employee goes on the road. It is at this time that data is taken off or added. The cap is kept on and it is stored in a protective place

Thanks.

Z

Which I will do. Though, to be honest (and I know it is not your fault), there is this voice in the back of my head saying to just throw the thing away and buy something else. For the price of three UPS shipments to the RMA facility, could I have gotten something else?

Oh well, RMA #3 on its way.

Z

• Corsair Employees
I do understand, but I dont see that many failures for most people so I am not sure what to tell other than you are welcome to call our customer service and see if there is anything they can do to help with this since you have had so much trouble. Please call them at 888-222-4346 Ext "3"

I can do that as well. I understand that not everything is 100% all the time, but I was more interested in whether others were having similiar problems.

As mentioned, this time, it is definitiely a physical problem rather than some internal issue, which does make things different. Also, the previous two were GT, which have been discontinued, for whatever reason Corsair wishes to state.

The RMA is filled out and I'll give a call sometime Monday.

Thanks.

Z

Archived