Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9DHX on EVGA n790i stabilty problems

whilsky

Hi all

Really stuck and looking for advice, having major stability issues with vista 32 freezing on startup or just after.

Windows doesnt see the total RAM, it only seems to see the first 2G on slot 0 of the board, when there is a matched 2G on slot 1 as per the manuals set up.

slots 1 and 0 occupied 2x2G =4GB

I looked at the specs for the corsair XMS3 RAM i'm running and have the timings setup as per the requirement 9-9-9-24 2T @ 1.6V although the RAM sticks say 1.7 but this seems to make system even more unstable freezing before i get into windows.

In my bios i have most things set to auto, except where i changed from optimal to expert to make sure the CMD was 2T.

I started running the RAM on just one stick with slightly more stability enjoying the occasional but not persistant lock up, but with the pair its pritty unstable locking regurarly

I cant seem to resolve, the board EVGA N790i 132-CK-NF79 reckons it can support 8GB DDR3 upto 2000MHZ?????

I have checked my FSB etc and its all at 1333 in auto and on actuals

Any help and advice welcome

cheers

Whilsky (UK)

Hi All

Carried out mem test using memtst 86-v3.5 on both stick sof ram individually using slot 0, both ran for a bout 1:15 mins with 3 complete test and no errors

on the following setting

9-9-9-24 2T @ 1.6V

System is still freezing and running the tests have given me no further clues

all advice welcome

matt

ok, used memtest 86 v2.11, with following settings 9-9-9-24 2T @1.7v

Tested each 2 GB stick on slot 0 in turn, and no errors, carried out 4 tests on each at about 1hr.48 mins

is it worth testing the pair??? together?

Cant seem to see anything conclusive of which to look further into, Vista doesnt see the pair together just 2GB of the 4GB sitting in the DIMMS

matt

Mem time set = Expert (manual)

Tcl 9

Trcd 9

Trp 9

tRAS 24

CMD 2T

Advanced mem set All set to AUTO

tRRD 4

tRC 33

twr 12

twtr 16

tFAW 21

tREF 7.7us ALL set to Auto

EPP 2.0 Memory = NOT DETECTED

CPU Freq 2333.3

CPU multiplier 7x

FSB Mem Clock auto

FSB MEM ratio auto

FSB QDR auto 1333.3

MEM DDR auto

Actual DDR 1333.3

Voltages

CPU Core Auto 1.18v

CPU FSB auto 1.1v

Mem 1.700v 1.700v

Nfore spp auto 1.30v

Mcp auto 1.500v

After hunting around noticed there was a Bios upgrade for my MB, and after reseting and flashing appears to have cured about 70% of the stability issue. And Vista 32 is now seeing 3 of the 4GB onboard.

At first i thought it was problem solved but then i did notice the odd hang/freeze its still nowhere near as much but it still does it.

I gonna try a 64-bit OS to see if that cures the problem, but i now know i am running all the latest drivers etc.

Odd thing is vista keeps saying my nvid drivers are not compatable, Nvidia board, nvidia GPU latest Nvidia drivers???

ODD

Funny thing is that EVGA noted that the latest bios flash was for stability issues, weird but am thinking the RAM may not be compatable with the MB

whilsky

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

back testing again and hitting walls, running memtest and the test hangs with no reported fails and is pritty inconclusive with the previous test i have done, i cant seem to find a system to test the ram sepearatly and really need to know if its good or not.

but most importantly need to know if its compatable with the board

would corsair swap it for an eqaul value set they reckon is compatable,

when i bought the ram the out fit SCAN.CO.UK advised it was but thats a third party

really lost with this, and its megger frustrating as i think i have now been picking at this for about 6mths

all advise welcome

cheers

matt:confused:

ok i going nuts

the ram i have has printed on it

CM3x2048-1333C9DHX is this TW3X4G1333C9DHX

the reason is it was purchased as part of a 4Gb kit (2x2gb) but am checking for compataBILITY ON MY evga 132-ck-nF79-a1 BOARD???

I'M REALLY CONFUSED AS I CANT FIND THIS ON CORSAIR HOME PAGE ESPECIALLY WHEN TRY TO FIND COMPATABLE MEMORY TYPES WITH THE MEMORY FINDER.

I'M THINKING OF CHANGING THE MB

ADVICE---

CHEERS

Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for your EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1

TW3X4G1333C9DHX is the part number for the kit and is listed and compatible.

CM3X2048-1333C9DHX is the part number for the individual stick. You won't see them listed on the compatibility chart because they are only sold in pairs, hence why the kit # is listed. Same goes for why only the kit and not the single stick is listed on the website.

Archived