Corsair Community

Memory Revision

hale1278

Hi

I got Corsair Dominator DDR2 pc2-8500 (1066 MHz) (2x2gb) Revision v1.1 a long time a go. Also, I just got Corsair Dominator DDR2 PC2-8500 (1066MHz) 2x2gb Revision v2.1 from Newegg for about 2 weeks. When I installed them in all 4 DIMMs in 780i Sli, I heard a long and loud beep every few seconds and my screen does not boot up and the MB shows C1 code. I wonder what can I do.

I tried every solution that solved this problem in the forum but no luck.

please help thank you

P/S: right now, I only run on 2 slots and 4GB Revision 2.1:confused: When I install Revision v1.1, I heard a long and loud beep.

If I can replace v1.1 to v2.1, I'm willing pay extra for the replacement instead you have cover warranty for it but I dont have the barcode because of the rebate program from corsair :(

Do you mean when you run the v1.1 by themselves there is no post, or does that only happen when running all 4? What voltage are you running the memory at? In short, as per the link at the top of every page (not to mention in the sign up sheet), please fill out your specs in your profile.

Since you haven't listed anything in your specs, I'm guessing your part number is TWIN2X4096-8500C5D for both pairs in question?

The warranty has nothing to do with the bar code, and they can't guarantee what version you'll get back.

I just update my sys spec. and yes my 2 pairs of Ram have the same model but different version. When I installed v1.1, my system did not boot and had a long and loud beep every few seconds. When I installed v2.1, my system booted fine without any problem. Finally, When I installed all 4 sticks, my system did not boot and have a long and loud beep every few seconds but when I took out v1.1 sticks, my system booted fine again.

I set my sys. volt as Auto.

here is some infor of the v1.1: CM2X2048-8500C5D 2GB 1066MHz 2.1V V1.1 08380805

thank you

Archived