Corsair Community

failed memory upgrade

keyank3

Hello All, I just bought RAM to upgrade factory installed 256k. I purchased the value select 512 vs512mb266 lot 04110980, installed it, the system detected and verified amount and then shut down...repeatedly, replaced original 256. researched online tried resetting cmos/bios/(sdram freq/lat/inter) with no change. tried performance settings and optimal settings. I can now get to a bios setup screen that gives me several options to start windows with a countdown timer that upon hitting enter either freezes or restarts. stats on comp: VIA technologies system with an ECS MB P4 2.4g P4VMM2 VT8751 northbridge and VT8235 southbridge fsb 400 AMIbios 2000 megatrends will not allow access to change fsb speed I am hoping this is enough info to work with. What else can i do to get this to work. Thanks for any help you can offer.

• Corsair Employees
Lets get those modules replaced. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

Archived