Corsair Community

Asus P5Q Pro + TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX: 2 modules not work

glrb

Hello.

I have Asus P5q Pro motherboard and TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX ver.1.1.

When both modules are insert I have undefined behaviour: some strange lines and signs on my screen during the boot, I can not install winXp 64 - system can not find one file, if I enter the BIOS menu it may hangs, after switching power off - I usually have BIOS cheksum error.

All of these issues are disappear when I use only one module and no matter which one.

This memory listed in QVL list for my motherboard.I have the latest BIOS version (2102), all settings are default except memory voltage(2.10) and timings 4-4-4-12. I also run memtest from the latest Hiren`s boot cd and it shows me no errors.

I guess that the main problem that for some reason with 2 modules BIOS resets after powef off. In this case timing sets to default and I have other problems...But maybe I`m wrong and the root of the problem somewhere else...

So could you help me somehow with this issue?

PS: It is the first time when I use corsair production and I`m really happy with the power supply but memory modules makes me mad =(

If both modules work individually, then the problem is not likely the memory. Have you set the memory voltage to 2.1v and tested with Memtest?

http://www.memtest.org

As I wrote in my previouse post - yes. I set timings to 4-4-4-12 and memory voltage to 2.10 and then memtest show me no any errors.

Disable Legacy USB Support in the BIOS while running Memtest.
Ok, I`ll switch it off and try one more time and come back to you.

• 4 months later...

Archived