Corsair Community

eVGA X58 SLI + TR3X6G1600C8D

Neggers

So I just finished building my new pc.

And first time I tried to boot it up, with all 3 sticks of RAM in slots 1,3,5, I got C1 error on the motherboard and it wouldnt POST.

So I took 2 sticks of RAM out, and tried booting up with just 1 stick in, and it POSTed fine and I got into the bios. So I loaded default settings, and then flashed the bios to the latest version.

Flashing was successful, and it rebooted. So I shut down the PC and put all 3 sticks of RAM in. Tried to boot up, and this time it still wouldnt POST, but I now get error code 68 (or could be 6B) on the motherboard and after awhile it loops back to F3 for a second and then back to 68 (or 6B).

So I removed the extra 2 sticks of ram and booted it up, and went into the bios to setup the settings for my ram. So I changed to DIMM Voltage to 1.65, Changed the memory profile to XMP Profile 1, and then adjusted the timings to 8-8-8-24.

Saved the BIOS, and rebooted, and it seemed fine with those settings and 1 stick of RAM, so i turned it off and inserted the other 2 again. And once again it wont POST and just gives the 68 -> F3 -> 68 looping error.

So I have tested each stick of RAM in slot 1, and each stick of RAM will boot, but as soon as i have 2 sticks or 3 sticks of RAM in, It just gives the looping error.

Also I have pulled the RAM in and out enough times and reseated them enough to know that they are in correctly (as i got a stupid response on another forum telling me to make sure they were inserted correctly).

So hopefully someone on here has an idea on how to solve this, as I have been searching google for hours, and despite finding multiple other people with the same problem, not one thread has a solution.

*EDIT* After much testing I have found out I have a faulty motherboard, so I'm now contacting eVGA about getting it replaced. So this Thread can be ignored/deleted now.

Check your manual and see if you have the memory in the correct set of slots. Some boards are picky about this.

Yes I have them in the correcct slots. I read the whole manual before I made any posts, to see if I could find an answer in there.

*EDIT* After much testing I have found out I have a faulty motherboard, so I'm now contacting eVGA about getting it replaced. So this Thread can be ignored/deleted now.

Sorry to hear the bad news but, good to hear you found the problem. Let us know how it works out.

Archived