Corsair Community

XFX 790i Ultra and TW3X4G1333C9DHX settings?

Soup

Hello all,

I have been searching the forums for a like problem and have found some, but with no clear solution. I built this system about 8 months ago, and everything seemed to work fine, and I did not change anything in the BIOS. 3 months later I would start getting random freezes, and recently noticed my first freeze at POST and also when going into the BIOS. As I have been searching there seems to be alot of talk about this mobo memory combo. Has there been any clear set of settings that will make this work? I do not like to RMA unless I really have to. I can't see why there would be a need to change hardware, this should work....shouldn't it? As it is now, I have lowered the FSB (linked) and things have stabilized as noticed in one post, but this is kind of unacceptable. What do I need to do to run this combo as it should be run i.e. clock settings....etc? Thanks for any help!

No I have not, but would I really need to if the modules are running fine at 1066 FSB? I have read about voltages and timing, and it seems like there is a problem. I'm still with the stock BIOS, so I will update that and hope for the best. I just keep reading threads and it makes it very confusing on which options to try.

I have the FSB linked with mem @ 1066. Changed the voltage to 1.625, and changed timing to 9-9-9-24 2T. Before this I had never changed from the default settings: FSB and mem (1333, 1066.7 detected) was set to auto, timing was set to Optimal (7-7-7-? 1T detected). For the longest time, I was thinking I needed to re-install or HDD was going bad, but that is just not the case. So far with these changes I have been up and running for over 4 hours. Could you explain the FSB and Mem for me, do they need to be alike or is the mem always going to be under the FSB?

All you should have to do is these settings:

CAS Latency (tCL): 9

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 9

Row Precharge (tRP): 9

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 24

Memory Voltage: 1.6 Volts

Depending on your system, you may have to bump up the voltage to the chipset a bit.

Ok, I have that. It is not stable when I bring the FSB to 1333. I have not updated any drivers or BIOS since I built this. I will attempt that now and try to put it back to 1333.

Archived