Corsair Community

Windows won't boot

tisch

I just added 2 gb (2 x 1gb sticks) of memory to my hp computer running windows vista. when I turn on my computer the monitor turns on then it goes black with a cursor. do I need to do something to get it to read the new memory? I had 1gb (2 x 512 sticks) then added the other two. Please help!

its an hp 6037c and the sticks are corsair I think the part number is vs2gbkit533d2g? thats the number below the number underneath the barcode on the package. Actually I got windows to boot by pressing f10 to restore the system. I haven't checked to see if it recognizes the memory yet. I'm on a different computer right now while the other one boots up. But any tips on a successful reboot would be helpful since I am adding more memory and a graphics card to the computer I'm on now in the next week or so!

It's not listed on the Corsair Compatibility Site, but similar HPs are, so I'd guess it would work fine. Mixing memory of different sizes may not run well (not to mention non-matched memory).

As for your other PC, what motherboard / CPU do you have (or if it's an OEM system, what's the make / model), and how much memory do you have now, and how much do you want to have total?

Archived