Corsair Community

Intel DX38BT and 2GB DDR3 XMS modules

bucksdelux

I have an Intel DX38BT Motherboard and have been using 4x1GB DDR3 XMS3 DHX 1333MHz modules. I wanted to upgrade and purchased 6GB (3x2GB) TR3X6G1333C9 DDR3 XMS3 modules. When I replaced the RAM my computer is now randomly restarting while working on it. Everything loads fine and the computer shows 6GB of RAM in Bios and VISTA, but as mentioned, it will randomly restart. I know my MB can handle 1333 in all 4 slots since I was using 1333 1GB modules.

Please help.

Thank you

I originally used four modules...I used the 3 modules of 2GB DDR3 XMS3 plus one of my original XMS3 DHX DDR3 1333 1GB modules, for a total of 7GB RAM. Pretty much the same type of ram except one stick of 1GB to go along with the other 3 sticks of 2GB....

The same thing happened....

I originally used four modules...I used the 3 modules of 2GB DDR3 XMS3 plus one of my original XMS3 DHX DDR3 1333 1GB modules, for a total of 7GB RAM. Pretty much the same type of ram except one stick of 1GB to go along with the other 3 sticks of 2GB....

The same thing happened....

Mixing 2 different types of memory like you have listed is not supported or recommended by Intel. Ideally, you need 2 or 4 matched modules.

Archived