Corsair Community

Memory for HP M9361

burtda

Hi,

I tried checking for memory compatible with my system but it is not listed on the memory compatibility page for some reason. It is an HP Pavilion Elite M9361.

Initially I thought that DDR2 of either XMS2 (PC6400) or Dominator DHX (PC8500) would be the best option to replace the current 4 x 1GB with 4 x 2GB. As the system says it has a bus speed of 1333Mhz does that mean it will use DDR3?

A bit confused over what would be the fastest but most stable option! Can the Ram Guy suggest a solution?

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but if the system is not listed on our memory configurator I would suggest using the memory that was suggested from the system builder. Our XMS modules may not be compatible with most OEM systems.

Firstly many thanks for the replies and the correction over DDR3 support!

Both the Corsair configurator and a competitors website lists a m9360f which has the same chipset as my m9361:

"Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-6400,DDR2 PC2-8500 with a maximum of 2GB per slot"

So..... can I safely run a set of DDR2-1066 (TWIN2X4096-8500C5D) or would there be no benefit over DDR2-800 TWIN2X4096-6400C5?

It would seem odd that the FSB speed is 1333Mhz when I thought the goal was to match memory speed to this? :confused:

It would be shame not to run this system as quick as possible. It already scores 5.9 across the board on the Vista "rating" tests... but it seems that HP have little detail of what memory is supported which is a bit frustrating...

Thanks again!

TWIN2X4096-8500C5D is not listed because it is not compatible. OEM systems do not have the required BIOS options to change the voltage. TWIN2X4096-6400C5 does not require any voltage changes, which is why it is compatible with that other system.

Ultimately the latter will probably work, but since the model in question is not listed it cannot be officially guaranteed.

Archived