Corsair Community

Will only boot when 1 stick is removed

AlanB

Hi Everyone,

Built my system 6 months ago been running without any problems

Then refused to boot for no reason after a clean shutdown.

After trying many things from reseating each unit along with the

cpu would still not boot.

Took out 1 stick of ram booted up,now I replaced the ram around

and again refused to boot have I got a poorly stick of ram.

Any help much appreciated AlanB

PS flashed the bios with latest file from asus also.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them, please note that you are posting from the forum!

I have the same problem with a Falcon-nw system.

I am going to submit them for warranty (after running memtest on the sticjk that seems to work).

I was wondering if there is any way that I could upgrade to 4 1Gig sticks at this time.

I assume that if they come in matched pairs, that when installing 4 sticks they should also be matched.

Is there a process in place for having 2 replaced and paying the difference to get an additional pair which is matched?

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but no we can only replace them for the same part that you send in and with 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived