Corsair Community

HX1000W - No power up

Aielman

I have the same problem listed on a couple of other posts.

The system will blip on for a moment, with all the fans turning about a half rotation and then dies. The power light on the motherboard stays on, but nothing else comes up. No post.

Tried the power test with a single fan and I get the same thing.

Attached an Ultra PSU Tester with a fan on for load as well. The light blinks momentarily on the +12v, +5VSB, -12V and +3.3v connectors and stays on for the +5VSB, but not on the +5v, -5v or PG indicators...a tone sounds for a moment as well. The 8 pin motherboard connector does nothing.

please advise.

• Corsair Employee

We can try replacing the PSU for you if you like, just use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

However, we would still recommend you to try this simple paperclip test. First, disconnect all the cables from your motherboard and other devices, but leave the power supply plugged into the wall. Next, bend the paperclip until you have a U shape. Find the 24-pin ATX connector and plug one part of the paperclip into the socket where the green wire ends, and the other end into the socket where a black wire ends. Make sure the power switch on the back of the PSU is on, (should be the I symbol) and the fan should spin up. If it doesn’t, your power supply may be bad.

However, we would still recommend you to try this simple paperclip test. First, disconnect all the cables from your motherboard and other devices, but leave the power supply plugged into the wall. Next, bend the paperclip until you have a U shape.

Yep...did that before I tried the PSU tester. No dice.

Archived