Corsair Community

Dominator 2gb kit

I have the dominator 2gb ddr2 kit model #CM2x1024-8500c5d. The memory will not allow me to install an operating system it blue screens with a multitude of errors, when I remove the memory and use diffrent memory the operating system installs perfect. I also cannot find the model number in the request for support form. I need a RMA # to send this in for a replacement.

Look for what you bought: a pack of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D. It's tough to know if the memory is actually bad, as you haven't listed your specs in your profile, but ultimately the support guys will ask you to test one stick at a time in each slot using Memtest86+ v2.11 @ 1066 Mhz, 5-5-5-18, 2.1/2.2v.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure you have the latest MB BIOS and load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts ( +.3 Volts with Gigabyte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

If I have to go through all that to get a replacement for a bad stick of ram then I will have to start buying another reputable ram. This ram ran great for 6 months then started blue screening. I tried reformatting and it would blue screen, replace the ram and everything worked great. Tried it in a diffrent system wouldn't even boot. Oh and it was replaced with new dominator ram. Guess I will go to the next level with customer support. I am a computer shop been working on pc's for 26 years . I do not have time to jump through hoops for anyone.

Very disgusted !!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived