Corsair Community

ASRock X48TurboTwins and TW3X4G1333C9DHX

riasroc

Hi,

I’m having some serious compatibility issues. Since all these components natively support 1333 FSB I didn’t expect to experience any issues.

Unfortunately, my mobo only recognises the memory modules as 533MHz DDR1066. :(:

If I change the settings inside BIOS manually to 667MHz DDR1333 with latency settings 9-9-9-24 and 1.60 Voltage, then my system won’t even start properly. It freezes at the login screen and it sometimes doesn’t even get that far. Basically, anything else than the default BIOS settings would result in system instability or system crashes or no boot at all. Even with the default setting I sometimes get a screen on boot that Windows didn’t closed properly the last time and I get the list of boot options. Everything is well if I choose Start Normally, but I never had this problem with my old DDR2 memories. And I certainly didn’t buy a DDR3 1333MHz memory just to run it underclocked and see the Vista boot options after every other shut down. BTW, the problem persists whether I use both modules or just one of them. I tried them both on their own.

I don’t mean to sound rude or anything, but after looking at this forum I have to ask if TW3X4G1333C9DHX run without issues on any motherboard at all? If these memory modules are JEDEC compliant, how come they don’t get recognised properly? My guess is that these are not real 667 1333 modules, but 533 1066 that can be “safely overclocked” to run at 1333 with Corsair’s blessings.

I’ve already contacted ASRock about this, but it’s been a month now and still no reply. Is there anything I can do to make the memory run at it’s full potential on my Asrock X48TurboTwins mobo? And please don’t blame it on the motherboard. DDR2 work just fine on it and all reviews indicate no trouble with proper DDR3 modules.

Test one stick at a time in each slot using Memtest86+ v2.11.

Just finished the test. I'm getting errors during test phase 5 (Block move, 64 moves).

My settings are 1.65 Volt, 667Mhz 1333, 9-9-9-24, 2T.

I've tested all four slots with one memory at the time. Most testing resulted in errors during test phase 5. Sometimes I got only two errors and sometimes I got seven. I've done the test several times, sometimes with no errors.

When I reverted back to default Auto settings, I didn't get any errors at all during the test, but as I mentioned earlier, I get the DOS screen with boot

options and the memory runs as 533Mhz 1066. Apparently there are memory errors even with default settings.

Please set the memory Voltage to 1.7 Volts and test them again one at a time but errors in test 5-8 would normally suggest some other problem.

I've done that too. I don't have the option of step-setting the voltage, so I tried the preset 1.71 Volt option with the same result.

Do you have the latest BIOS version? And do you have another system you can test the modules in?

1; Yes

2; No

And quite frankly If I knew XMS were just a fancy name for factory overclocked lower performance modules I would never have bought these. I don't have the time to do all the testing. I'm a customer that wants the stuff he buys to work or get my money back. That, of course, is not that easy in this online age. Posting the modules back and forth cost money and time. And since time is money, it simply just cost money x 2.

Now I'm supposed to test the modules on another system and then what? Test another DDR3 with similar specs on my system? It's ridiculous.

I am one very disappointed Corsair product user. :mad:

I don't have the time to do all the testing. I'm a customer that wants the stuff he buys to work or get my money back. That, of course, is not that easy in this online age. Posting the modules back and forth cost money and time. And since time is money, it simply just cost money x 2.

Now I'm supposed to test the modules on another system and then what? Test another DDR3 with similar specs on my system? It's ridiculous.

Unfortunately when a person builds their own computer, the task of troubleshooting falls to them. Assuming there is no defective or failing component somewhere in your system, your board should run this combination just fine. All we can do is make suggestions for troubleshooting and help you isolate the problem. One quick way to do that is to test the modules in another known working system.

• 1 month later...
Unfortunately when a person builds their own computer, the task of troubleshooting falls to them. Assuming there is no defective or failing component somewhere in your system, your board should run this combination just fine. All we can do is make suggestions for troubleshooting and help you isolate the problem. One quick way to do that is to test the modules in another known working system.
Do you have the latest BIOS version? And do you have another system you can test the modules in?

You two remember your words of wisdom when you build your house. Especially, when your bricks start falling apart. Go and put them under stress in somebody else's house and see if they continue to fall apart.

....but errors in test 5-8 would normally suggest some other problem.

Yes, RAM GUY, there is some other problem. It's in your head. Have it checked. You ******* should stop giving people ****advice and just admit that Corsair's XMS modules are a rip-off :beenrippe

I just go me a propper pair of NO POSTING COMPETITOR NAMES 4GB and guess what?

NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER!!! You "troubleshooters" :asskick:

Archived