Corsair Community

RMA #771906 Woes

Hey guys, I put up this post in the hope that I can gleam some kind of response from Corsair as to the status of my RMA.

I recieved confirmation of my request as per Email from yourselves:

"Your RMA request was received on 12/7/2008 3:43:11 PM"

Fine.

I then recieved an Emai on the 8th December 2008@22:51 to say my RMA had been approved.

Great.

Ten minutes later I was issued RMA #1083092 and given instructions on how to return.

So far - so good.

I then had to package and return the unit to Belgium at a not inconsiderable cost ( I live in the UK ) - rather surprised that such a large company had no UK presence but onwards, ever onwards.

On the 23rd of December 2008@23:59 I recieved the following:

"We wanted to let you know that we have received your return package for RMA number 1083092Your returned product is staged for review by our returns department, and we will be contacting you shortly regarding repair or replacement."

As of today - the 19th of June 2009 I have had no further correspondance from Corsair. Now, luckily enough, I have already replaced the unit hence chasing it has not been a priority. I am sure anyone reading however would agree that this kind of timeframe is completely and utterly unacceptable.

Time to check my RMA status - after requesting a password to login to my Case ( I never recieved one originally - I had not simply "forgotten" ) I am informed my RMA has been "processed" so I can no longer affect this case reference.

And so here I am - rather than potentially wait further through Email I am forced to sign up to this forum and hope it comes to the attention of someone who can help.

I must say that for a company with such a solid reputation within the industry this has been a poor experience indeed. Perhaps through this post I can finally have my case progressed and a working PSU returned.

Regards,

Scott.

• Corsair Employees
I have called our customer service and asked them to check this for you, they will contact you ASAP, but I suspect it will be Monday your time as the office in Europe has already left for the weekend!

@Wired: No, I have not - I have been somewhat busy over the past few months and as I stated previously since the unit has already been replaced by myself it was never at the forefront of my mind - should I have to though really?

@RAM GUY: I recieved an Email this morning from your Customer Services department offering a replacement unit and the explanation that my request had been "overlooked" - glad to see however that once it was highlighted we seem to be making progress already.

Thanks to both of you for responding so quickly.

Regards,

Scott.

Archived