Corsair Community

Got RMA issued - what will I have in return?

selkin

Hi,

so I got RMA issued, I can send it back but I woder what will I have in return. as the Moduls are *probably* fine, they just doesn't compatible with Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard. see boot loop topic.

So are they going to send back the same type of ram modul, which will have the same issues, or there is a chance the new one will work fine with my mobo ?

-

-

It's about compatibility. Don't know which product has the atual 'flaw', but something is def bad.

They say this mobo is currently one of the best OC mobo in its price range. And there we got the corsair pc8500 modul which appears to be incompatible in it.

This is the picture.

add: so can't I get an other type? even if I want to ?

they might not be faster but maybe different in some way? (disregard the heatsinks.)

You disregard the difference :) Doesn't matter if you paint your car different colors, it's still the same car. In otherwords, the heatsink IS the difference :)

TWIN2X4096-8500C5 is the base model

TWIN2X4096-8500C5D is the same modules with the Dominator heat spreader

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF is the same as above with the fan in the package

You disregard the difference :) Doesn't matter if you paint your car different colors, it's still the same car. In otherwords, the heatsink IS the difference :)

TWIN2X4096-8500C5 is the base model

TWIN2X4096-8500C5D is the same modules with the Dominator heat spreader

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF is the same as above with the fan in the package

I was afraid so :P

These modules should be fine with that MB we can try replacing the modules bit if that does not work or you still have the same problem I would get the MB checked and or replaced.

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

so what if they'll testing it and find nothing, (bacuase they'll test in different mobo)? they'll just send back the very same moduls so basily I just send them to a return journey to netherlands.

or will they really replace it ?

Archived