Corsair Community

Asus P5N32-SLI Premium & TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX

Esmi13

Hi i have been having problems with incorrect memory settings after upgrading from 2 gigs to 4 gigs (and Xp to Vista). Windows is very slow with the new ram and i am sure it is incorrect timing or voltage settings. I am looking for recommendations for my CM2x2048-6400c4DHX 2.1v. With 1 stick installed and the timings manually set to 4-4-4-12 and 2.1v (as displayed on the modules) everything runs perfect. Add in the second module in dual channel mode and the system is stable but very slow. What should i change to get the system back to full speed using dual channel and 4gigs? To verify I tried both modules individually and both work alone, also my old corsair (don't have the model number) 2x 1gig XMS 800mhz sticks in dual channel run fine 5-5-5-15 timing I think. Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Only 2 modules. 2 x 2GB for 4gigs in total. I have the memory voltage set to 2.1. I will try setting the NB + 0.2 and disabling usb legacy support.

That is my problem. Bios system defaults, 2 modules of 2 gig sticks, cas 4-4-4-12 2.1v, which is what the ram is advertised as, and my system slows to very slow speeds. 1 module of 2gig stick = fast. 2 module 1gig sticks = fast. (I mention the 2 x 1 gig sticks to verify the mobo is working as intended and the ram banks are not bad.)

Archived