Corsair Community

Triple Channel Help...

bakeage

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, as of right now im just desperatly trying to find help. I have the Corsair Dominator GT 6gb (2gbx3) on my system with the ASUS Rampage II extreme, i7 920, vista 64-bit ultimate sp2, etc. I cant seem to get triple channel to work. Everytime I change slots it either says Single channel or Dual. And I can only get windows to recognize either 2gb or 4gb. I used to have it at 6gb Dual Channel when I looked in System and CPU-Z. But I got greedy and tried to get the triple channel to work and now I cant get it back to what it was. I have 6 memory slot bays, right now the memory sticks are in bay 1(white) 2(blue) 5(white). If I mess around and put the memory sticks in different slots sometimes the monitor doesnt even turn on. So I change the slots around again and then it will. So I dont know what thats all about. Is there an easier way to do this?

Please post your system specs (with the memory part # - How To Read the Memory Label) in your profile as per the link above. Also, please re-take the pics, as the relevant information was too small in those photos. If you hit Alt+Print screen, it'll grab only the window in focus.

Also, why slots 1, 2, 5? As per the manual, for triple channel use slots 2, 4, 6 (1 being the one closest to the CPU).

What speed / timings / voltage are you running the unknown memory at?

Archived