Corsair Community

620 hw blown

mxjames

Hello corsair,

I bought a 620 hw from overclockers.co.uk in january 07. It has done me well but two weeks ago I awoke and found my pc off. There were 3 red lights on my graphics card indicating not enough power to the card. I turned every thing of and flicked the switch on the PSU, Literaly sparks flew out the back and a loud popping noise. I removed the PSU and put in a spare. Still no power to the board. After further testing the PSU malfunction has fried the mother board and possibly other components.

Now i have a 5 year warrenty on that PSU from you guys but after contacting overclockers they requested me to contact you about covering the damage caused by your products failure.

Also it costs me £38 to RMA the psu to your nearest centre in Holland!

How would i go about claiming damages and getting my computer back online?

Thanks for your help,

James Calabrini.

• Corsair Employees

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Our warranty would only cover our own products, however your other parts should still be under warranty by there own manufacturers. If you have any questions regarding the RMA/warranty policy, please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com.

Thanks for your reply,

but as i have already said my motherboard, and potentialy ram and cpu have all failed as a direct result of your hardware malfunctioning. If i RMA your PSU and you see that it has malfunctioned, surely the blame lies with you and also the damage caused.

I have been advised by overclockers that your company will be responsible for all damages as the PSU is 5 year waranty.

yours sincerely,

James Calabrini

I would have definately called corsair to sort this problem but as im from the UK i have not been able to find any UK based contact numbers. Thier website leads me in an endless circle of FAQs and always leads me to a computed response to RMA my PSU. Please if some one could give me a UK number to call or tell me how to reclaim my lost equipment i will be very gratefull

James Calabrini.

Archived