Corsair Community

P256 "Freezes" for 10-20 seconds randomly in my MacBook Pro

Thanks! Yeah, I tried that but you guys don't have any P256s in stock and it would take a couple weeks to get the hard drive. You guys might want to look into keeping some in stock for support issues like this.

But gladly the great guys at NewEgg.com were able to work with me and get me a replacement HD in the mail.

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Jeff I will have our SSD Product manager look at this on Monday, but I have heard of no issues with Mac as long as you have the latest Version of the O.S. You are using Leopard Correct?

• Corsair Employees

If heat seems to have something to do with it then I would suspect that its the storage controller on the motherboard getting too hot, and not the SSD itself. The SSD can only actively consume 1.5 watts of power so even if 100% of the power were converted to heat, it would be unlikely that the drive would be the cause of an overheating issue.

My best guess would be that the storage controller is acting as a bottleneck and heating up as its trying to keep up with the bandwidth of the P256. If you believe the drive to be defective, then we can try replacing it for you, however from what I have seen, I would suspect that the drive itself is not the cause of the problems.

As for the heat issue, I never had any issue other than with the SSD in my computer. I have had a process that was running on my computer (when I had the "normal" HD) once that was making it much hotter than it was with the SSD in my computer and did not have any of these issues pop up.

I also spent over 2 hours with Apple at their store when they did a deep hardware diagnosis of the computer and it showed no issues.

I have actually gotten a replacement SSD from NewEgg and it did the same thing.

What sucks now is that I am stuck with a expensive HD that does not work with my computer. I e-mailed your customer support all this info to try to get some help rectifying this issue last Wendesday but have not heard anything back.

I would either like to get this HD working in my computer (since I can't just replace my computer) or help returning this product to NewEgg or you guys since NewEgg has a no-return policy on this HD.

Archived