Corsair Community

Tried everything - still a hot nautilus

mike2535

I have been using the nautilus 500 for over 2 years now and it has kept my E8400 running at 37C with no problem. Within the last month the temps are running 51C. I blew out the fan with compressed air, changed the fluids with fresh coolant and distilled water, seated cpu with new artic silver 5, got all the air bublles out by laying flat the case with the cpu posts vertical and shorting the 24 pin power plug between green and black pins. Pump runs fine, the fan runs fine. The only thing is my plastic hold down support pins are not in tip top shape but it seems to be holding the support bracket in place. Air flow out of nautilus feels fine yet its temp feels like room temp air and not warm. fluid is topped off. I am lost at waht to do to get my temps back down below 40C. Is my radiator wearing out? I give up.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest that you send an email to jackflash@corsairmemory.com and see if they are able to track down any replacement plastic standoffs for you. If they are no longer available, then zip ties are a cheap alternative that should get you by. I have actually used the zip tie method myself and it works pretty well.

Thanks for the reply's. I have managed to get the system back down to 38C by repositioning the cooling block after locking in the top clamp. It must be the weak plastic nipples on the main stand offs that have worn out over time. Sure wish there was a newer design with a backplate and spring tensioned screws so the clamp provided better and even downward pressure on the cpu.:idea:

Archived