Corsair Community

TW3X2G1600C9DHX runs at 1066mhz insteed of 1600mhz

Klapstoel30

hi,

first of all sorry for my bad english.

I have 2gb TW3X2G1600C9DHX memory.

This memory should run at 1600mhz but my pc automatically sets it to 1066mhz.

When I go into my bios and set my ram config to manual and the multiplier to 8.00x instead of the 5.33x which my pc automatically sets it to, my computer doesn't boot anymore. It just stops half way booting and keeps hanging on the windows 7 icon.

Is there anybody who knows how to fix this?

thanks Klapstoel

I couldn't set my multiplier so that my ddr was set to 1333 so i changed the cpu frequency to 250 instead of 200 and lowered the multiplier of my cpu and northbrigde so they were set to normal(2600mhz and 2000mhz).

But still my pc stops half way booting.

• Corsair Employees

No you lower the multiplier on the CPU then you should be able to run the CPU Frequency at 266 MHz and with the memory frequency set to DDR1333 that would run the memory at DDR1600 and with it set to DDR1066 should put the memory frequency at DDR1333. But start with the memory set to DDR1066 and see if the system is stable and over clock more slowly don't make big jumps.

More than likely you will have to run the memory at DDR1066 when over clocking the CPU. But you will have to be able to lower the CPU Multiplier and may require you to increase the CPU Vcore as we..

Archived