Corsair Community

RAM compatible for MSI 790GX-G65

scmeis1

I was looking over the boards, and could not find anything that dealt with this board.

I am considering using an MSI 790GX-G65 (I could move to the G70) board. W/ Phenom 955. It is the first time, In a very long time, I have used AMD.

I want to use 8Gig of RAM, I virtualize my desktop and need the power. I am a network designer, so the reason is I want windows beta on 1 virtual disk, windows home server on another, and possibly windows 2008 as my web server for other things I do.

I would like to OC a little, not to the extremes like others. I have tried that route, and I do not have the time to figure out the best performance would be. Top end performance would be great, as I considered the dominator GT's but they are not made for the AMD platform, so I read.

Other components I currently have.

GTX 260 = video ( I might add another in SLI if I decided at last moment to get G70 board)

16 Tera bytes storage on my promise ex16350 Raid controller.

2 x 150G VelociRaptors 10k (Raid 0)

1 esata card (PCI-E 1x)

1 firewire 800 card (probably remove it, esata much better)

• Corsair Employee
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR1066 and set the memory Voltage to 1.7-1.90 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR1066 and set the memory Voltage to 1.7-1.90 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Thank you very much

NP Please let us know if you have any more questions!

Oh I will. I purchased 8 Gig today, and hopefully when I get my server converted over to a NAS and my new Server which houses this eq, will run awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived