Corsair Community

New Corsair PSU > 1000W?

shansmi

when is a new more powerful unit coming out? I have a HX1000 and I think I have beat it up just a bit too much. I had this problem of my rig just shutting down when I ran triSLI highly overclocked on both the GPU and CPU. Now with Quad SLI and a 975 it still happens. I just don't think the HX1000 can keep up now after all the torture I have put it through...

I just tried 4.4GHz on my 975 and a GPU overclock of 695/1496/1221. If I go down to 4.3GHz and increase the GPU OC to 706/1522/1224 the same thing happens.

I really want to stick with Corsair but the HX1000 is the largest PSU offered.

did u check up hx1000 rail distribution up there in sticky that maybe helps , and if i may ask how much u putting qpi/dram voltage to controler to run those dominators gt at they stock mhz i see i got a new DO cpu probably made same as mine check my batch up there my was packed 05/12/09 i saw at anadtech they dont go above 1.27v on qpi/dram on some 2133mhz mem runing 1866mhz cas 7 is above 1.4v on qpi/dram really nesseary on those new DO cpus

u still not should surpass 1000w your overclocked system should not draw more then 900W but i would bet more like 800w so 200w is still free here look at this guru 3d quad sli review overclocked system pulls 700w peak att wall

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-295-quad-sli-gaming-test/2

maybe powersuply is faulty

and btw amazing i7 overclocking guide at evga forum it was really helpful in my transition from core duo and easy fsb overclocking :) update volts with your new D0 cpu :)

ya, I just picked up another PSU to see if that is the problem... I'll know tonight.

You are welcome on the guide! It is custom to EVGA boards becuase that is what I have but it can easily be used on other boards once the terminology is matched up. Mainly CPU VTT on EVGA boards is called Uncore or QPI (not to be confused with QPI PLL) elsewhere...

Shannon

The new PSU did help with GPU overclocks. The one time I could get the rig to boot I was able to go higher than ever before on my 295 cards @ 4.2GHz. Now I am faced with the chronic PSU problems where the power protection features of some PSUs do not play nice with the x58c. The HX1000 is back ATM and things are working like before.

Archived