Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5 in Asus P5Q Deluxe, correct BIOS settings Please!

Malice19

I have recently installed Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5 and have been running it at a Dram frequency of 800

as needed to run a BIOS update because when i set frequency to 1066 windows would not boot. Would show "windows failed to boot missing system file, press R to run repair".

After BIOS update i can now boot into windows and have it set to 1066 but now my PC keeps getting BSOD when in game or just in windows.

I have set in the BIOS

Asus P5Q Deluxe

Dram Frequency 1066

Ram Voltage. 2.10v

Timing 5-5-5-15

Any ideas what im doing wrong??

Cheers

It is odd, as before when i had the settings in BIOS for DRAM Frequency set to 1066 and all other settings to Auto it would boot into windows but then BSOD about 5-10min later, but now it eather comes up with missing system files on boot and press R to repair or goes to BSOD displaying error

Bad_System_Config_Info

Stop:00000074

----------------------

So i made my own chages as followed

FSB Strapto North Bridge = AUTO

DRam Frequency =DDR2 1066

DRam timing control = Manuall

CAS# Latency =5 DRam Clock

DRam RAS# to CAS# Delay =5 DRam Clock

Dram RAS# Precharge =5 DRam Clock

DRam RAS# Active to Precha =15 DRam Clock

DRam Volage = 2.10v

I did all the changes one at a time and it did work again for about 5-10 min but then crashes out to BSOD.

Have also run memtest and it fails. :[pouts:

PROBLEM FOUND!

I got incontact with corsair and was advised to test one stick at a time with memtest. I did this and the fist stick passed fine.

Then tested the second and thats when i started getting errors. Ran test again to make sure and its faulty. Enjoy... at last i know it was not me and the settings.:sunglasse

Archived