Corsair Community

Question about H50

clerick

Hey guys I just have a couple of questions:

I know that the pump uses the 3 pin cpu. However what if you have a mobo with 3 pin cpu control? Right now I'm using my cpu fan at 5v vs max 12v. Is the pump speed controllable through voltage or should it be always set to 12v?

Also I know that this is meant to be as a completely enclosed system but wouldn't it eventually decrease function due to evaporation? Is there no way of refilling it (say a pressure port that allows water injection)? Thanks guys!

• Corsair Employees
Despite being an enclosed system water could still evaporate out through the micro holes of the tubing :O?

A: Maybe in an extreme temp. that the system would not function at; so I don't think that will be an issue.

Also another question: since most mobos use 4 pin as cpu will there be any issue with pump speed control?

A: I am sorry I do not see the point to your questions? Please be more specific.

And the connector the MB uses IE be it 4 pin or 8-Pin for extra 12 Volt power will have no effect on the unit what so ever.

I'm wondering: how is the pump going to draw 12v at all times out of the auxiliary header if in bios the fan speed is set to not go above 7.5v for example (it's what I use for my cpu fan, I like quiet). Also how thick is the fan? I'm planning on replacing it with 2x noctuas for push/pull config and ultimate quietness.

Ah the thought of a controllable pump via fan header was a nice thought XD. Either way I'll be buying this if it outperforms the true even by a few degrees (I just want quiet). Any release date yet? I see it's up on frozencpu with price but no real date.

Archived