Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P + TW3X4G1600C9DHX

Bonechewer

Hello,

I just bought a Corsair TW3X4G1600C9DHX 4gb kit, and i have some problems setting the timings in bios for my motherboard.

I tried setting the values from the corsair website, 9-9-9-24 2T, 1.8v, 1600mhz, but when i run it like this takes usually 20-30 mins and the computer restarts. My full system specs are in my profile, no overclock is active and the entire pc has no cooling problems and case is opened all times.

Can anyone please tell me what to set for all the manual timings in bios for the motherboard to avoid this stability problems?

Thank you, i used the settings on that thread, and atm im running some tests.

Edit: Still get the same problem as before, i even updated to the lastest motherboard bios, F4G. Only thing i havent changed are the chipset voltages, NB and SB.

Can you post your exact specs that you use right now with memory at 1600 the one who posted in that initial post didnt use the same bios settings as we have in the bios, as we have the same MB and i hope the same bios, i can set it like that and see if it solves anything.

Thank you

You have to increase the NB and SB chipset voltages by 0.2v and the ram voltage to 1.9v(+0.3).Also you have to enter the advanced bios settings by pressing ctrl + F1 because there's Bank Swizzle Mode enabled by default,you have to set it to disabled.Try that first,if no go i'll post you my exact settings.

Ok after some testing it did ok, but after 2 hours of normally playing a game it crashed again.

Im using these settings:

CAS# Latency = 9

RAS to CAS R/W Delay = 9

Row Precharge Time = 9

Minimum RAS Active Time = 24

1T/2T Command Timing = 2T

TwTr = 6T

Trfc0 for DIMM1 = 110ns

Trfc0 for DIMM2 = 110ns

Trfc0 for DIMM3 = 110ns

Trfc0 for DIMM4 = 110ns

Write Recovery Time = 12T

Precharge Time = 3T

Row Cycle Time = 40T

RAS to RAS Delay = 7 - 8

DQS Training Control = Skip DQS

CKE Power Down Mode = Disabled

CKE Power Down Control = Per Channel

Memclock tri-stating = Disabled

Bank Swizzle Mode = Disabled

Other than these i set the memory multiplyer so it shows 1600mhz and i set the voltages for NB and SB to +0.2v (1.3v NB and 1.4v SB), and memory at 1.9v. Cpu voltages and all other settings are on bios default.

I got the memory working really stable without crashes or any problems at 1333mhz with the timings above, 1.8v and standard NB and SB settings. But would be nice to get it to run at 1600mhz as is why i bought it for :(:

Archived